I will provide a personalized inspection of your home.
A home inspection is an evaluation of the overall condition of a residential property, which is useful for both home buyers and home sellers, as well as real estate professionals. It helps the parties to a home sale understand the functions of the various systems and components of the home, as well as the maintenance issues related to home ownership.
A general home inspection is a non-invasive evaluation of the visible and accessible structure, systems and components of a home. While a home inspection will not reveal every issue that exists, and is not a warranty of the current or future condition of the home, an InterNACHI-Certified Professional Inspector® is trained to identity material defects within a home’s specific systems and components that may have a significant, adverse impact on the value of the property, as well as those that pose m unreasonable risk to the home’s occupants.
In addition to the standard items listed here, call me to find out about my specialized inspection services.
Certified lnterNACHI Inspector
• I am a member in good standing of the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI).
• I adhere to the Inter NA CHI Standards of Practice.
• I abide by the InterNACHI Code of Ethics.
• I stay up to date with the latest inspection techniques in the industry through Continuing Education.
I will inspect:
• the exterior wall-covering material, flashing rnd trim;
• all exterior doors, decks, stoops, steps, stairs, porches, railings, eaves, soffits and fascias;
• and report as in need of repair any improper spacing between intermediate balusters, spindles and rails for steps, stairways, balconies and railings;
• a representative number of windows;
• the vegetation, surface drainage, and retaining walls;
• and describe the exterior wall covering.
I will inspect:
• and describe the fireplace;
• the fireplace, and open and close the damper door, if readily accessible and operable;
• the hearth extensions and permanently installed components;
• and report as in need of repair deficiencies in the lintel, hearth or material surrounding the fireplace, including the fireplace opening’s clearance from visible combustible materials.
I will inspect (from ground level or the eaves):
• the roof-covering materials;
• the gutters;
• the downspouts;
• the vents, flashings, skylights, chimney, and other roof penetrations; and
• the general structure of the roof from the readily accessible panels, doors or stairs.
Contact me today to schedule your inspection!
GHI Greg’s Home Inspections
Certified Master Inspector
Serving The DC Metro Area
Maryland, Virginia & District Of Columbia